Re: Fetching new mail into summary buffer

From: Jerome Baum
Subject: Re: Fetching new mail into summary buffer
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 11:38:38 +0000

Brendan Miller <catphive@catphive.net> writes:

> I'm brand new to GNUS, and I'm having trouble finding one particular
> command. If I'm in the summary buffer, say connected to my gmail account
> over IMAP, how do I update it to get new email?

g runs the command gnus-group-get-new-news, which is an interactive
compiled Lisp function in `gnus-group.el'.

It is bound to g, <menu-bar> <Gnus> <Check for new news>.

(gnus-group-get-new-news &optional ARG)

Get newly arrived articles.
If ARG is a number, it specifies which levels you are interested in
re-scanning.  If ARG is non-nil and not a number, this will force
"hard" re-reading of the active files from all servers.

--
Jerome Baum <jerome@jeromebaum.com> 0xC58C753A
Key fingerprint = A0E4 B2D4 94E6 20EE 85BA  E45B 63E4 2BD8 C58C 753A