Re: my vs maildir

From: Brett Viren
Subject: Re: my vs maildir
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 18:10:10 -0500

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 3:28 PM, prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> wrote:

> so nognus must be the git version i guess.

The gnus development versioning totally confused me for a long time
(still does).    I think this may be an intentional effect.

Quote:

   If you happen upon a version of Gnus that has a prefixed name --
"(ding) Gnus", "September Gnus", "Red Gnus", "Quassia Gnus",
"Pterodactyl Gnus", "Oort Gnus", "No Gnus" -- don't panic. Don't let
it know that you're frightened. Back away. Slowly. Whatever you do,
don't run. Walk away, calmly, until you're out of its reach. Find a
proper released version of Gnus and snuggle up to that instead.[1]

-Brett.

[1] http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_349.html#SEC352
[2] see also: http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_355.html#SEC358