Re: my vs maildir

From: Brett Viren
Subject: Re: my vs maildir
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 22:12:35 -0500

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Philipp Haselwarter
<philipp.haselwarter@gmx.de> wrote:

> That being said - I also still run dovecot as server: for
> offlineimap. Dno if offlineimap could do without a server, guess I'll
> have to take a look.

It can.  Here is an example of IMAP-to-IMAP sync using direct calls
instead of server connections.  The remote goes through SSH.

[Repository LocalIMAP]
type = IMAP
preauthtunnel = MAIL=maildir:$HOME/Maildir /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
holdconnectionopen = yes

[Repository RemoteIMAP]
type = IMAP
remotehost = localhost          #use SSH tunnel
remoteuser = USERNAME
preauthtunnel = ssh -q REMOTEHOST 'MAIL=maildir:$HOME/Maildir
/usr/lib/dovecot/imap'
maxconnections = 3

Adjust as appropriate.

-Brett.