Re: Reply to self behavior

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: Reply to self behavior
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 21:32:07 +0100

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:24:41 -0600, Tommy Kelly wrote:
> Yuri writes:
>
>> ... it sounds obvious in retrospect
>
> Can I propose this as the new motto for Gnus :-)

You know, I went away from Gnus around 4-5 years ago because my .gnus
reached >10k. I was fairly proficient back then but figured there *had*
to be a mail client with those 10k as defaults. Also, I wanted something
that had GUI written all over it.

I'm now back, disillusioned and begging for mercy. There is no such
client[*]. Be patient while I rebuild those 10k of pure elisp bliss.

Aaand, while I'm at it: is there a hook that is called whenever a backend
receives new mail? I'm trying to integrate emacs with the "awesome"
window manager. gnus-biff and gnus-notify seem to check every group
manually - I was looking for something more straightforward.

Bests

[*] I should really gave wanderlust a longer try, but I tried several
times to configure imap over ssl and failed.