Re: Error in (info "(gnus)Splitting Mail")

From: Tommy Kelly
Subject: Re: Error in (info "(gnus)Splitting Mail")
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 16:33:47 -0600

> Štěpán Němec <stepnem@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>>      ("list.\\1" "From:.* \\(.*\\)-list@majordomo.com")
>>>
>>> So shouldn't the dot after "majordomo" be double escaped?
>>
>> Yeah, that's obviously just an error in the documentation, but a mostly
>> harmless one, as "." matches the dot anyway...
>
> It's more readable without the \\, and the chance for false positives is
> minuscule, so I think I'll just leave it as is.

So:

The person who wrote the stuff, understands it in intense
detail without the documentation, and therefore has little or no need
of the documentation thinks the documentation is more readable as it is.

The person who is trying to learn the stuff, and must rely heavily on
said documentation thinks the documentation would be more readable with a
a minor fix.

Hmmm.

:-)

Tommy