Re: How to pull a gui gnus from linux to windows desktop

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: How to pull a gui gnus from linux to windows desktop
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 10:19:59 +0000

> Can anyone tell me, at least a general outline of what I'd need to do
> to be able to connect to a gnus instance running on a linux server in
> console mode, from a windows machine, and see gnus in a gue version of
> emacs?
>
> I know how connect to an emacs daemon and there for a gnus session if
> its running by ssh into the linux box, using cygwin or just putty.
>
> I'd like to figure out how to get the windows end to appear in gui
> emacs.
>
> Anyone doing this or something similar?

I've not done this recently but you should be able to accomplish this if
you run an X Window System server (software) on your Windows machine.
Cygwin used to have such a server available.  SSH supports X (using the
"-X" flag on Linux; I don't know about Windows).

As I said, I've not done this recently as it's been years since I have
had to use Windows.

HTH,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)