Re: Failing to retrieve all messages from group

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Failing to retrieve all messages from group
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:46:15 -0000

Dan Davison <davison@stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> I'm trying to retrieve old messages from the tramp mailing
> list. However, I'm only getting 2 messages,
>
>        2: nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.tramp

It's a disk problem on news.gmane.org.  Some of the overview files are
corrupt.  I'm investigating at the moment, but so far it's been more
head-scratching than anything else.  I think it may perhaps be an issue
with the RAID1 system, but it all seems so weird.

No messages are actually missing, so the overview files can be
regenerated, and everything will be OK again.  But I don't want to do
that until I understand what the issue really is.