Failing to retrieve all messages from group

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Failing to retrieve all messages from group
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:46:11 -0000

I'm trying to retrieve old messages from the tramp mailing
list. However, I'm only getting 2 messages,

       2: nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.tramp

even if I do something like C-u 1 0 0 RET in the group buffer.

This is despite the listing from the *Server* buffer showing that the
group has 7404 messages:

    7404: gmane.emacs.tramp

I've tried un-subscribing and re-subscribing, but each time the group
comes up with 2 messages. What should I try next?

Thanks,

Dan