Re: Best way to see html stuff

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Best way to see html stuff
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:28:24 +0100

Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk> writes:

Hi Torben,

> What is the advantages of using emacs-w3m?

It's inside emacs, so you don't need any window switching and all
article/summary mode bindings are available.  Indeed, the article buffer
is the same as usual but rendered nicely.

> How does emacs-w3m compare with firefox?

Firefox renders more correct, especially when the mail contains CSS or
frames.  But to reply or move to the next article you have to switch
back to the emacs frame.

> Can I still click on links and se them in firefox?

With RET it'll be opened with emacs-w3m, but I think that there's a way
to use an external browser.  (For example by advicing the function
triggered by RET and call browse-url-browser-function whin in
gnus-article-mode.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Some people  wear Linus Torvalds  pyjama's to bed, Linus  Torvalds wears
RMS pyjama's.