Quotation style (was: Best way to see html stuff)

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Quotation style (was: Best way to see html stuff)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:38:18 GMT

Torben Knudsen (2008-12-16 09:12 +0100) wrote:

> Tassilo> ;; Show plain text part by default, but provide buttons for
> Tassilo> the ;; html part (setq mm-discouraged-alternatives
> Tassilo> '("text/html" "text/richtext" "text/enriched")
> Tassilo> gnus-buttonized-mime-types '("multipart/signed"
> Tassilo> "multipart/alternative")) --8<---------------cut
> Tassilo> here---------------end--------------->8---

> Another question if I may. I am normally happy with the above
> inclusion of the the original mail. However, for example in this case
> the filling makes the original part with code unreadable. How do you
> include the original without filling or wrapping lines? I couldn't
> find it in the info pages.

Another way of seeing this is that quoting is not about "your happiness"
(nor mine) in particular. It's more about widely-supported method
(technical question) and widely-understood and agreed-on method
(social). I'd suggest that you quote with "> " prefix on every line, add
an attribution like "Torben Knudsen wrote:" and don't have Gnus
automatically refill the quoted text.

Just my suggestion. I find Supercite quotations most annoying.