Re: easypg & posting-style

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: easypg & posting-style
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:29:48 +0900

(Cc'ed to info-gnus-english@gnu.org which I missed the previous post)

Daiki> Have a look at this post:
Daiki> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/8506 (it doesn't
Daiki> use posting-styles, though)

> I looked at that post and found a similar one -
> http://tinyurl.com/2qrefj
> but it does not work.

> If I try to put more than 2 email & IDs into alist, gnus complains after
> the start, but if I have just eg. one, then it does not complain, but I
> get easypg's menu asking for appropriate key :-(

I cannot reproduce your problem.

EasyPG's menu should never appear unless you set mml-secure-verbose or
mml2015-verbose (both are turned off by default).  Can you send me your
complete setup?

I just tried with the following code, and I sent to me from each sender
address.  Each message were signed by each appropriate key.

(setq user-id-to-key-id-alist
      '(("ueno@deisui.org" "9493A7B8")
        ("ueno@unixuser.org" "E7485C51")
        ("daiki.ueno@gmail.com" "910900DA")))

(add-hook 'message-send-hook
          (lambda ()
            (let ((entry (assoc (cadr (mail-extract-address-components
                                       (message-field-value "from")))
                                user-id-to-key-id-alist)))
              (if entry
                  (setq mml2015-signers (cdr entry))))))

> Here is eg. list of emails with keyIDs:

> ;; "jagoda@atmarama.org" "09BEE824"
> ;; "sjaniska@mail.inet.hr" "175B523D"
> ;; "gour@mail.inet.hr" "C6E7162D"
> ;; "gour@atmarama.org" "D19DB797"

> How should the complete setup look like?

(setq user-id-to-key-id-alist
      '(("jagoda@atmarama.org" "09BEE824")
        ("sjaniska@mail.inet.hr" "175B523D")
        ("gour@mail.inet.hr" "C6E7162D")
        ("gour@atmarama.org" "D19DB797")))

> I assume the setup is supposed to work with Gnus & easypg, right?

Yes.

> It would be nice if some appropriate wiki page would be available
> somewhere...

I'm thinking that this feature should be included in Gnus, by default.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno