Re: GNUS and Exchange 2007

From: Matthew Gregg
Subject: Re: GNUS and Exchange 2007
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:31:38 -0500

Thanks for responding....
Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:20:01 -0800 (PST) Matthew <matthew.gregg@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I don't have the time to do what Simon suggests in the thread, so I set
> up an IMAP mail source that Gnus uses to download new mail into a local
> Maildir.  If you want that, it's easy to set up.  It's unfortunate that
> Exchange IMAP is broken, a lot of people are unable to use Gnus because
> of that.

I'm considering setting up a local IMAP service and then use imapsync or some
other tool to sync mail.  It really is unfortunate that MS can break IMAP
even more from exchange 2003 to 2007.

> By the way, Gnus is not written in capitals.  There was an old version
> called GNUS, so it would be confusing to use GNUS for today's version.

Hehe, I did consider the capitalization when I posted.  Being new to Gnus, I
googled for the correct form and found some of both so I used GNUS in the
subject and Gnus in the body to be safe.  Thanks for clarifying.