Re: bogofilter behavior

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: bogofilter behavior
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:59:18 -0400

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, matthias.andree@gmx.de wrote:

> Looking at the NEWS file however I can only again discourage using
> bogofilter versions that old. Missing features, missing tuning, missing
> accuracy, and so on.

Can any other Bogofilter users comment please?  If this is the
general sentiment I'll gladly go with Matthias.

> Whether you use 0.11.2 or 0.92.4, -n -N -s -S are the same. Versions
> before 0.11 used -S instead of -Ns and -N instead of -Sn.

My point is that the switches may change again.  I'll assume they are
stable for now.

> I do believe your fear for bogus bug reports is unsubstantiated if
> the refusal is worded properly, something along the lines "Sorry,
> spam.el is not compatible with your older version of bogofilter but
> has been developed with a more recent bogofilter version in mind. If
> you plan to upgrade your bogofilter version; spam.el requires at
> least bogofilter version 0.11.2, it is advisable to get at least
> 0.15.13 though."

OK, I can put that in spam.el, I would just like one more vote for it
so I know people are using the bogofilter support :)

I'll make it conditional on whether spam-use-bogofilter is set when
spam.el is loaded.

Ted