Re: bogofilter behavior

From: Matthias Andree
Subject: Re: bogofilter behavior
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:45:03 +0200

> Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> Check bogofilter -vvv what it thinks and what token make that message
>> "spammy" - and what the counts were.
>
> Thanks for your response.  And I saw your test appear on bogofilter
> group on gmane.
>
> For the record.  What I was talking about in my gnu.emacs.gnus post
> was that I had attempted a post on gmane.  Got the auto responder and
> responded.  Then got a notice that it was a subscribe only list.

Yes indeed it is, to catch the (still only a few messages a day) spam.

> Went to website and subbed.

The subscription needs to be acknowledged before it becomes effective -
but David or I should have seen your post held for moderation and have
then the choice to reject, approve, discard -- and both David and I look
at the posts before deciding.

I'll Bcc: David on this post so he knows what's going on.

> I can't find evidence of any of this on my spools now.  I'm not sure
> what went wrong but it seems my messags never got there or something,
> but then why would I get the auto response from gmane...
>
> Maybe I crashed the browser while subbing or something.
>
> Anyway, you've fully answered my questions for now.  So I think I'll
> go subscribe again.

I have seen the notification that you are subscribed; if you prefer to
read via GMANE, you can go to the listinfo site (where you have
subscribed) and change your options to "nomail" -- to post, you'd still
send to bogofilter@bogofilter.org.

discussion.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)