Re: [igraph] combining GIS and igraph

From: Stephan Schlögl
Subject: Re: [igraph] combining GIS and igraph
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:03:08 +0200

Hi Manuel,
I'm not sure if I understand you right, but I think in ggplot2 it's quite easy to combine poligons with for example dots and lines between them.
Here is an example of a map with nodes and edges on it.
http://supersambo.schloegl.net/stuff/europe_relations.pdf
Its a network of locations of twitter users and follower relationships between them. Size is based on the number of users in a certain location, Color is a result of the community detection algorithm I ran on the network and the thickness should represent the weight of edges. The plot is a combination of geom_polygon() for the map geom_text() for the "nodes" and geom_segment() for edges.

Please do not comment on this plot in particular :). I know you can't read hardly anything out of this but it's just a first attempt and I was wondering if you were looking for something like this

Best,
stephan