[igraph] A problem about igraph_layout_fruchterman_reingold function

Subject: [igraph] A problem about igraph_layout_fruchterman_reingold function
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:48:02 +0800

Hi,
The version I was using is igraph-0.6.5-msvc. I used function igraph_layout_fruchterman_reingold from layout.c,and I want to ask a question about this function.When I read the source code ,I found the cooling function was set "t=maxdelta*pow(i/(double)niter,coolexp)".So I want to know why did you set it like this and what is the theory about it?And also why the default value of coolexp is 1.5 and the default value of maxdelta is the number of vertices?
Hope for your reply.
Thank you.
Best regards!

Tian Li