[igraph] infomap unresponsive? on large graph in R env

From: Alexander Struck
Subject: [igraph] infomap unresponsive? on large graph in R env
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 11:21:08 +0200

Dear all,

while InfoMap runs smoothly on small graphs it appears to become unresponsive
on larger ones. My .RObj has the size of 28 MB and igraph reports:
IGRAPH DN-- 1282336 2507034 --
+ attr: name (v/c)

The R v3.0.2 process now runs 14+ hours on one core out of 16, Ubuntu 12.04
uses 16 of the available 72 GB RAM.  The latest igraph library version is
installed.
Should I be more patient? What are my options here? I could make the .RObj
available on request.

Many thanks and best regards,

Alexander