Re: [igraph] Graphs union

From: Rossano Gaeta
Subject: Re: [igraph] Graphs union
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:27:25 +0200

Il 10/10/2011 19:10, Gábor Csárdi ha scritto:
Dear Rossano,

it seems to me that you simply need the igraph_disjoint_union function:
http://igraph.sourceforge.net/doc/html/igraph_disjoint_union.html

Best,
Gabor
According to my understanding, the igraph_disjoint_union function will output a graph where the set of vertices is relabeled before union so to have |V| = |V1|+|V2|. In my problem a node x belonging to both V1 and V2 must appear only once in G but must maintain all edges it had in G1 and G2. It is a sort of superposition of two graphs where common vertices are fused to obtain only one node.

Did I miss any details in the semantic of the igraph_disjoint_union function?

Thank you for your prompt reply
Rossano

--
Rossano Gaeta - Associate Professor