[igraph] Graphs union

From: Rossano Gaeta
Subject: [igraph] Graphs union
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 17:42:13 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to use the C library to solve the following problem: given two graphs G1 and G2 I need to obtain a new graph G=(V,E) where V=V1 U V2 (V1 and V2 are not disjoint) and E=E1 U E2 (I need to maintain multiple edges in the resulting graph). In general, graphs to be merged this way may be more than two.

Can anybody suggest an efficient solution? I may be wrong but it seems that graph operators functions in
igraph do not support this kind of union.

Thank you in advance
Regards
Rossano Gaeta

--
Rossano Gaeta - Associate Professor

Dipartimento di Informatica
Università di Torino
Corso Svizzera 185, 10149, Torino, Italia