Re: [igraph] Alpha Centrality Function Crashes

From: Judd Antin
Subject: Re: [igraph] Alpha Centrality Function Crashes
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:15:05 -0700

Gabor,

Thanks for the suggestion. That may be a little beyond my abilities. It's easy enough for me to get an edgelist, and I can see roughly which equation I'll need to solve. However, I'm not sure of how to coerce the edgelist into a sparse matrix, nor how exactly to use the sparse matrix solver.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

--Judd

Gabor Csardi wrote:
Judd,
I get

g <- erdos.renyi.game(40000, 90000, type="gnm")
alpha.centrality(g)
Error in get.adjacency(graph) : At vector.pmt:408 : cannot reserve space for vector, Out of memory

Yes, this function uses an adjacency matrix, so you cannot use it
on such a big graph. You can try the 'Matrix' package. See the code of 'alpha.centrality', get the edge list of the graph with 'get.edgelist', convert it to a (sparse) Matrix,
and solve the equation with the sparse matrix solver.
It should not be too difficult, i can help you if you need help.

Gabor