Re: [igraph] Alpha Centrality Function Crashes

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Alpha Centrality Function Crashes
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:04:29 +0200

Judd,

I get

> g <- erdos.renyi.game(40000, 90000, type="gnm")
> alpha.centrality(g)
Error in get.adjacency(graph) :
  At vector.pmt:408 : cannot reserve space for vector, Out of memory

Yes, this function uses an adjacency matrix, so you cannot use it
on such a big graph. You can try the 'Matrix' package.
See the code of 'alpha.centrality', get the edge list of
the graph with 'get.edgelist', convert it to a (sparse) Matrix,
and solve the equation with the sparse matrix solver.
It should not be too difficult, i can help you if you need help.

Gabor