hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] Subscription within Hyperbole did not work, do I n

From: Jean Louis
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 02:19:32 +0200

* Robert Weiner <address@hidden> [2019-08-06 01:26]:
> Hi Jean:
>
> Thanks for the bug reports.  Want to join up as a tester?  You seem
> to be great at it.

Thank you.

Sure I could. But I am not using it as much yet.

> Your reports came through as did this message to the list.  We will
> check them out and fix any issues as they all sound pretty
> straightforward.

It was mistake on my side, I had two sendmail on the system. Emacs was
using Courier sendmail, which was not turned on. Now I turned it on
and all emails went out.

Hyperbole is missing more examples.

One good example is MANIFEST file. But it misses more textual examples
with hyperlinking.

I have understood the concept that I could write just any text with
hyperlinks. Am I right? If that is so, there shall be various examples
of such text files. If you have any text file with real world example,
show me.

I think that Hyperbole button linking or hyperlinking could be well
suited for workflow assignments. It could be used in training staff
members.

For example:

On Monday go over all <(people to follow up)>[1] and send them emails
reminders. Monday evening conduct the <(database maintenance)>[2].

Remember always to collect <(full contact information)>[3] from every
person you meet at any time. Review <(policies)>[4] for your references.

On the end of each day submit your <(daily report)>[5] with <(statistics)>[6].

On Tuesday, print the <(poster:2)>[7] and distribute 100 pieces. Find 10 people
speak to them about <(our business)>[8].

=== end of example ===

The difference between the HTML and this way of linking to actions is that
Hyperbole is within programming environment Emacs and it would allow easy
applications to be run. Same would be much more complex if done through websites
and there would be data and privacy concerns. Distribution of instruction and
training files together with Emacs Lisp functions would be enough for a remote
person to start learning the workflows and execute assignments in ordered
manner.

Thus I would like to see more example of how other people are doing it.

Footnotes:
[1]  It would jump to the database list of people to quickly contact them with a
     short reminder and follow up with them.

[2]  It would go to different Hyperbole file where one could click links to
     conduct database maintenance including the personal human review of it.

[3]  It would give list of necessary information to collect, for example "How
     did we find about this person? " -- is something staff members often forget
     to tell, did person arrive by website? Or by acquaintance, or by flyer,
     poster, fax, friend, how? Title and position of person and similar. It
     would be file with instructions.

[4]  This could be set of multiple files that are opened for staff member.

[5]  This could be small application to fill the repetitive fields for the daily
     report.

[6]  This would be mostly numbers entered for personal statistics, which differ
     so much from one staff member to other.

[7]  Particular poster version.

[8]  This would be a patter of sales speech.