help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] Ripping with seeking

From: ephemeron
Subject: [VCDImager] Ripping with seeking
Date: 26 Dec 2001 07:02:17 +0800

I'm trying to salvage a VCD that's going from bad to worse. With a
player like xine or xmms (with the smpeg plugin), I can skip to the good
parts. I can finish the VCD in start/stop fashion. Isn't there a way to
make vcdimager extract an arbitrary part of the VCD data stream, so it
can read beyond the damaged portions? On the audio side of things,
cdparanoia has such a feature. As it stands my only hope of preserving
the VCD is to use cdrdao in raw copy mode.