Re: [help-texinfo] 'makeinfo --html --split=chapter' splits at Texinfo n

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] 'makeinfo --html --split=chapter' splits at Texinfo node boundaries, not chapters
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 15:25:21 +0100

On 23 July 2016 at 20:35, Robert Weiner <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Gavin Smith <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>

>> As a matter of fact, it did work. The nodes that were level of section
>> or lower had redirection pages output for them instead.
>

> Is it that you got one file per chapter and the section nodes were in the
> chapter files

Yes.

> or one file per section?  I get one file per section, not per
> chapter.

Also yes. I had one file per node, but the chapter files contained all
the sections in those chapters. The nodes corresponding to sections
also had files output, but these didn't contain the actual contents of
the sections, they were redirection pages like:

</head>

(I haven't quoted the whole file here.)