[help-texinfo] makeinfo: defining variables with -D

From: David Oostdyk
Subject: [help-texinfo] makeinfo: defining variables with -D
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:37:03 -0400

Hello,

I have a build system that passes a variable into makeinfo via the
command line.  My .texi file performs something like:
   @verbatiminclude @value{somedir}/path/file.name

Under makeinfo 4.13, I can successfully define the variable using this syntax:
   makeinfo -D "somedir somevalue"

But under makeinfo 5.2, this method doesn't work.  If I omit the value
string, then "somedir" gets assigned to "1", but I cannot seem to get
the desired assignment to work under the newer makeinfo version.

What is the correct syntax for the "-D" option to Makeinfo?

Thanks!
Dave Oostdyk