Re: [help-texinfo] makeinfo: defining variables with -D

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] makeinfo: defining variables with -D
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:22:47 +0100

On 30 July 2015 at 15:19, David Oostdyk <address@hidden> wrote:
> I made an example project, but it occurs to me that I'm not sure what
> the rules regarding file attachment to the mailing list are, so I will
> email it separately if you are willing to give it a try.

Karl sent me the example project, but it works fine with texinfo 6.0.
I tried it with texinfo 5.2, and replicated the error:

./docs/example.texi:31: warning: undefined flag: abs_top_srcdir
./docs/example.texi:31: @verbatiminclude: could not find /example/test1.c
make[1]: *** [docs/example.info] Error 1

Looking at the ChangeLog, I saw this change:

2014-03-14  Karl Berry  <address@hidden>

        * tp/texi2any.pl (D=s): handle -D 'var value', as C makeinfo did.
        Based on bug-texinfo mail from Guo Yixuan, 4 Mar 2014 17:29:34 -0500
        (tiny change).
        (makeinfo_help): document it.
        * doc/texinfo.texi (Invoking @t{texi2any}): document it.

That's likely the change that made it work. Either upgrade to texinfo
6.0 or -D var=value might work.