help-smalltalk

Re: display _ as left arrow (was Re: Help on sending a UDP Packet)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: display _ as left arrow (was Re: Help on sending a UDP Packet)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:35:02 +0100 (CET)

I suspect Cuis is also using the Unicode characters.  I don't know.

But the idea of GNU Smalltalk is totally different, it seems GNU Smalltalk,
is about emacs, UNIX integration, command line etc. while Cuis is much more
graphically oriented (I think).

In any case the smalltalk-mode could be enhanced:

> (defvar smalltalk-prettify-symbols-alist

this could be extended to include a line

so that the underscore is also pretty-printed as the back arrow.

Is there any interest in updating the smalltalk-mode in the GNU smalltalk
package to do that ?

David Stes