help-smalltalk

Help on sending a UDP Packet

From: Gary Highberger
Subject: Help on sending a UDP Packet
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 15:47:32 -0500

HI everyone,
I just started working on 4 and 5 below. Any suggestions or links to
references would be much appreciated. I know little of Smalltalk, but am
coming up to speed on it. I have many years of C network programming  of
modems, switches & routers. I'll document everything as I go along.

   1. Objective is to send a UDP packet to port 49152 on my other Linux box
   192.168.1.114:49152
      - AF_INET (v4)
      - SOCK_DGRAM (connectionless)
      - IPPROTO_UDP (user datagram protocol)
      - Any egress port and IP address (no bind)
   2. Sockets documentation is not in gnu-smalltalk-doc. It's online at Sockets
   Documentation

<https://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/manual-libs/gst-libs.html#Sockets-package>
   3. Socket support must be added to gnu-smalltalk 3.2.5.  st>
   PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Sockets' .
   4. Configure socket and send it a message
   5. Observe message on Wireshark and at my other Linux box.

Many thanks everybody,
Gary Highberger