help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Spam

From: LD
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Spam
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:45:11 +1000

Hi there,

On 11/10/2005, at 5:25 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

I'm sorry. I guess I'm more or less immunized to these problems, because I get about 400 other spam messages per month which are filtered by procmail rules on the gnu.org, and about 80 more that pass through those filters and are taken care of by Thunderbird's bayesian filter. The first spam messages from help-smalltalk that reached my mailbox were a couple of wellsfargo.com phishing attempts.

Yeah, my Junk Mail filtering (Apple's Mail.app) is nabbing 99% of them, but I still have to check my Junk box for legit mail and find at that point that maybe half of the Junk Mail messages are with subject [Help-smalltalk]...

The point is that it's unusually high for a mailing list.

I have since banned the wellsfargo.com account, and in the last 24 hours five of these mails have already been blocked by lists.gnu.org; I am now holding for moderator approval every html post.

Great! :-)

Please tell me if I should extend this to all non-members posts.

Perhaps that would be a good trial - but maybe prioritise them above the above (html) holdings...

Cheers.

with regards,
--

LD