Re: Instructions for Installing BLAS and LAPACK library on Octave 5.2.0

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Instructions for Installing BLAS and LAPACK library on Octave 5.2.0
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 11:06:37 -0400

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 10:59 AM Ian McCallion <ian.mccallion@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday, 25 September 2020, Ilaya Bharathi <ilaya.bharathi@fcagroup.com> wrote:

The openblas library is included with your octave installation and configured for use (assuming you used the installation exe program rather than the zip file).

I think I remember seeing a BLAS selection option the last time I ran the installer. For zip package users, the readme.html has the following statement:

"During the installation a default BLAS library was selected. The installer contains two BLAS implementations, the NetLib reference BLAS and OpenBLAS.

The choice of library may be changed after installation by copying either librefblas.dll or libopenblas.dll to the file libblas.dll in the bin folder of the Octave installation."