Re: Installing packages in octave on Ubuntu 12.04

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Installing packages in octave on Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:49:00 -0400

On 23 April 2012 10:16, mesuron <address@hidden> wrote:
> I believe that Octave application should prepare itself to be self
> sufficient if you start it from any operating system without writing
> sophisticated development code just in order to start it. It is just my
> opinion.

The problem is that you insist on installing Octave and its packages
in a way nobody recommends you do so, and you're complaining that the
non-recommended way to install it is awkward. Yes, that's why we don't
recommend it.

Also, despite me asking you three times, you never *showed* me what
you were doing and what was happening, i.e. copy-and-pasted whatever
error messages and commands you were typing.

Since you seem to be a fan of late 19th century European literature,
let me quote some Arthur Conan Doyle to you: "Data! Data! Data! I
cannot make bricks without clay."

- Jordi G. H.