Re: Installing packages in octave on Ubuntu 12.04

From: mesuron
Subject: Re: Installing packages in octave on Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:16:40 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Pablo,

>“If you need to copy-paste or move files "the graphical way" to the
>system above your home directory , you have to launch your file
>browser with administrative privileges. "gksudo nautilus" or something
>of the sort (it depends on your desktop environment). “

It works of cause and I call this action now "Ubuntu-Nautilus super way of
copying files."
It reminds me a jock. Why should we do everything simple way if we can make
it as complicated as we can!

I knew about "Nautilus" only from Jules Verne book and now it is connected
in my mind to Ubuntu OS.
Would not be nice don't know about it and just copy files from one location
to another with admin password if needed?

After my experience working with Octave and QT Octave in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
working in 12.04 LTS is confusing and required addition "unnecessary"
knowledge of details of guts of OS.

I believe that Octave application should prepare itself to be self
sufficient if you start it from any operating system without writing
sophisticated development code just in order to start it. It is just my
opinion.

Thanks again