Re: Package installation issues

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Package installation issues
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 10:39:24 -0800 (PST)

andy buckle wrote

> I could make another installer with all the packages from the 7z.
> Tatsuro, Nitzan - what do you think?

That may be useful for those users who need an installer + SF pkgs.

I have no experience with such installers so I do not know what is the best
approach to rebuild the octave_packages file.

For manual installation run I have the 'pkg rebuild' several times (for
different sets of packages) in order to control the auto-loading and
noauto-loading of specific packages. I have run last 'pkg rebuild' for the
java package in order to be loaded before the io package.

I believe that an installer can either:

a. execute these post-installation 'pkg rebuild' commands

or

b. save a default octave_packages file and patch it with the correct paths

Nitzan