Re: Package installation issues

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Package installation issues
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 10:47:41 -0800 (PST)

Borge Strand-Bergesen wrote

> Is there such a thing as "pkg install --verbose" to see what's going
> on? Do you think my Cygwin installation may be in the way?

In order to 'pkg install' with mingw, many dll's lib files and header files
are required except for the pkg source files. In addition, some tweaks and
patched are required for the pkg source file in order to be built by ningw.

Until Andy or someone else will prepare such an installer, I think that best
approach will be to download the 7z archive of the already compiled pkgs and
install them manually as written in the readme.

Nitzan