Re: octave 3.4.0 on Scientific Linux 5

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave 3.4.0 on Scientific Linux 5
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 07:57:39 -0600

On 25 February 2011 03:40, Michael Martins <address@hidden> wrote:
> we are using octave (3.2.x) here (at Desy in Germany/Hamburg) on some machines
> running Scientific Linux 5 (SL5). Yesterday I tried to upgrade to 3.4.0.
> Compiling worked fint octave do not start. ./run-octave for testing is just
> delivering a "segmentation error". Are there any other users running 3.4.0 on
> SL5 ? Somehow SL should be the a natural system for octave

I suspect a library problem. Can you generate a backtrace? Do

     ./run-octavve -g

and type "run" at the prompt. That should catch the segfault inside
gdb, now type "bt" to give us a backtrace. The output in config.log
might also be relevant. Compress it if you send it to the mailing
list. Also, what CPU architecture are you using? That information
should be available in the config.log.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.