Running Octave on a Linux virtual machine

From: Piter Dias
Subject: Running Octave on a Linux virtual machine
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 13:21:44 -0800 (PST)

Guys,

I use Windows on daily basis and given that compiling Octave for Windows is
pain I had this idea of running inside a virtual machine.
Although it may not be an original idea, what worked very well for me is
installing a service to run VirtualBox, Xming as X server and create some
shortcuts to Hidden Start.
Once I share a folder between Windows and Linux, I will have Octave 3.4.0 as
one more application in my desktop.
Let me know if it works for you as well. I can share the steps.

Regards,

Piter Dias