Re: standalone program under windows 7

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: standalone program under windows 7
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 07:44:46 +0100

> Now I am able to run the test and I get the following error:
>
> GCD of [10,15] is error: feval: function `gcd' no found
> invalid
>
> Is there another library that needs to be linked? If I fire-up octave in
> Windows 7 and ask help on gcd, it shows the help and I can also use the
> function inside octave. I don't know what is missing then. Another PATH?

GCD is a dynamically-linked function, implemented as .dll but named
gcd.oct (.oct is the extension octave uses for dynamically loaded
octave functions) - so you'll require it if you call gcd().
I can't off-hand cite what octave's search algorithm for such
functions from a standalone executable is.
Try making gcd.oct available in the same path as you executable. Does
it work then?

benjamin