Re: standalone program under windows 7

From: Valmor de Almeida
Subject: Re: standalone program under windows 7
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 10:15:06 -0500

On 02/08/2011 09:23 AM, Alexander Barth wrote:
> Just a tought: maybe the octave's search path (for .oct and .m files)
> is not initialized properly (or not "re-based" to the actual location
> where you installed octave). You can test this if you run the buil-in
> command 'path' instead of 'gcd' and compare the results to the output
> from the octave shell. In both cases, it should return a directory
> containing gcd.oct.
> I belive you can set the octave's search path by adding --path in argv
> before calling octave_main.
>
> However, I never used the stand alone mode.
>
> Good luck,
> Alex

The path as issued by recompiling the test program to output the results
from running "path" (as opposed to gcd) is:

  .

that is the current directory in Windows DOS. The path result from
executing "path" inside the octave> shell is what it should be a bunch
of directories in c:\Octave\....

When running under cygwin everything works and the output "path" in the
standalone executable prints out the right path under cygwin. Note that
the cygwin executable will not run under DOS because it misses the
cygwill.dll among all other things since the path when running the
stand-alone created with mkoctfile in the octave> shell seems not to add
the path. Maybe this is the issue. I should not use mkoctfile in the
octave> shell to create the stand-alone program... Still trying...

--
Valmor