Re: Redirecting Octave IO

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Redirecting Octave IO
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 11:38:06 -0600

2011/2/5 RC Crozier <address@hidden>:
> Quoting Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
>
> First of all, thanks for replying.
>
>>> Basically I'm writing a little gui for octave.
>>
>> Goodness gracious, another one?
>>

> Yes, one which will actually implement the features I want! Also just a
> little project for myself.

What features are those? Could you help us fix one of the more popular
GUIs instead? This constant NIH with Octave IDEs/GUIs is really not
helping. You could do a lot more good by working on, say, fixing
QtOctave than starting another half-baked GUI that you'll get bored
with in a few months and abandon. Maybe you'll be different from the
dozens of other people who have decided to start a GUI or IDE for
Octave, but the odds are not in favour of this.

- Jordi G. H.