Re: Redirecting Octave IO

From: RC Crozier
Subject: Re: Redirecting Octave IO
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 16:46:13 +0000

Quoting Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:

First of all, thanks for replying.

Basically I'm writing a little gui for octave.

Goodness gracious, another one?

Yes, one which will actually implement the features I want! Also just a little project for myself.

Actually I have sort of discovered the problem. I had been setting the output prompt to ">> " via the command PS1('>> '). When I do this, I get the described problem. However, if I don't do this octave returns a string containing the executeable name and the current directory after finishing a command. I'll just look for this text in the input from octave in future.

Thanks

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.