Re: MAKEFLAGS (Was: forcing a rule)

From: Boris Kolpackov
Subject: Re: MAKEFLAGS (Was: forcing a rule)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:01:54 -0600

Hi Noel,

> It's also just occurred to me that, using MAKEFILES and the "gmake self
> wrapper" trick, you could get what you want without having to patch make.
> OTOH, it is a bit more complicated even though the complication is hidden.

How is it hidden? In every makefile you have two write something like
this:

if <MAKEFLAGS need adjustment>
include make-re-executor.make

else

# your code here

endif

This is ugly. If I needed this feature in a project that otherwise
uses vanilla make I would think twice before patching make. But in
my case Rubicon is already crossed.

-boris