Remote management of the default boot option?

From: Marek Kozlowski
Subject: Remote management of the default boot option?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 14:49:41 +0100

:-)

I have a group of hosts with several OSes (including Linux) installed. Those are placed in several, sometimes distant, places.

What I'm interested in is:
to have some central database that allow specifying that for the nearest bootup:
- workstations A, B, C and D should start by default Linux,
- workstations E, F, G and H should start by default Windows 7,
- other workstations should start by default Windows 10.
I mean getting the 'default' option by some kind of a DHCP-like request to a centrally managed database.

Unfortunately I cannot find such a feature. Did I miss something or there is no such a possibility? :-(

Best regards,
Marek