Re: Do I need to act on this warning from apt when installing grub?

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: Do I need to act on this warning from apt when installing grub?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 10:55:35 +0000

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 03:52:08PM -0800, Randy Goldenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 12:05 PM Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, can I tell remotely whether it really is set up for legacy
> > BIOS or EFI?
>
> If the unit booted EFI the file system will include /sys/firmware/efi.

Excellent, thank you:-

    chris@backup$ ls -l /sys/firmware
    total 0
    drwxr-xr-x  6 root root 0 Dec  4 12:17 acpi
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 0 Dec  4 12:17 dmi
    drwxr-xr-x 27 root root 0 Dec 13 10:52 memmap
    chris@backup$

So, as I suspected, it's not using EFI.  So the only question is why
it's updating things in /boot/efi (or why there's a /boot/efi at all).
Never mind, I know I can ignore the warnings now and the space used is
tiny.

Thanks everyone.

--
Chris Green