Re: GRUB2, GPT, mdadm & LVM

From: Chris Murphy
Subject: Re: GRUB2, GPT, mdadm & LVM
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 08:28:19 -0600

On Jul 19, 2013, at 3:25 AM, Sander Smeenk <address@hidden> wrote:

> There should be another 8 disks. Now i wonder if this is GRUB at fault
> or the controller not publishing its disks properly(?). I'll look into
> the controller settingsā€¦

This is the same problem I ran into, and it's not GRUB's fault. It's something
to do with BIOS and maybe also the real mode that GRUB runs in. Clearly linux
is finding these devices somehow, even if the BIOS isn't cooperating with
discovery, but I'm not sure how this works, if linux can discover hardware that
the BIOS doesn't.

Chris Murphy