ext2 and highlight_color ??

From: Don Lindsay
Subject: ext2 and highlight_color ??
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 00:07:41 -0700

I tried to upgrade a Fedora 18 box following the instructions at

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/19/html/Installation_Guide/ch18s02.html

Everything was normal (and the box could boot) until I ran
    sudo grub2-install /dev/sda1

It informed me that it couldn't operate on an ext2 filesystem. Fine. But
the next reboot left me stuck. I can boot live systems, but a normal
boot drops me into "grub rescue" with the error message "symbol
GRUB_TERM_HIGHLIGHT_COLOR not found".

??

The F19 FAQ and Grub FAQ haven't helped, and googling hasn't helped yet. I
re-generated
/etc/grub2.cfg, for instance, but the error doesn't change. I used the
live system to re-install all the RPMs listed by 'yum list
"grub*"'.

Pointers welcomed...
Thanks
Don