help-gnunet

Re: How do you set up GNUNet on GNU Guix?

From: t3sserakt
Subject: Re: How do you set up GNUNet on GNU Guix?
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 08:46:51 +0000

On 08.09.22 23:44, Willo Liquorice wrote:
As I recall, there is a random peer sampling service (RPS) that could be
used to implement onion routing over GNUnet, but it hasn't seen much
development beyond that.

The purpose of RPS is something different [1].

As maxim already assumed it needs be a layer on top of CADET.

Development priorities currently lie with rewriting the transport
subsystem, codifying Living Standards Documents for various components,
and concrete applications like the Taler micropayment system and
re:ClaimID decentralised identity directory.

That's my knowledge of the situation, anyway.
What might also be noteworthy is a second reference implementation of GNS in Go.

	- Willow