help-gnunet

How do you set up GNUNet on GNU Guix?

From: Jacob Hrbek
Subject: How do you set up GNUNet on GNU Guix?
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 13:34:14 +0000

I am trying to set up an alternative to tor on GNU Guix where following the docs gets me:

$ guix shell gnunet -- gnunet-arm -s -m
Now only monitoring, press CTRL-C to stop.
Starting namestore...
Starting namecache...
Starting statistics...
Starting ats...
Starting core...
Starting peerinfo...
Starting setu...
Starting transport...
Starting nat...
Starting datastore...
Starting peerstore...
Starting identity...
Starting reclaim...

And that's how far i got.. using

$ chromium --proxy-server="socks5://127.0.0.1:7777" test.gnu
<returns 404>

Btw. the matrix channel for gnunet sucks they don't know how it works and just sent me on the mailing list and i still have no idea how GNUNet is even supposed to work as the website doesn't do a good job explaining it so if anyone can elaborate on that e.g. is it using multi-layer encryption like Tor? Or is it possibly better than tor?, etc..