help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] Is my reputation hurting me?

From: Lance Simmons
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Is my reputation hurting me?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:02:05 -0500

For the first week or so I had a gnunet node running, I was able to
retrieve files pretty easily.  Since then, though, things have really
slowed down.  Now it seems that gnunet-download can run for days at a
time without retrieving anything, no matter what file I'm requesting.

Is my reputation hurting me?  The output of gnunet-stats worries me --
I'm dropping lots of packets.  Here's my current output -- please let me
know if you have any suggestions for how to improve things:

Uptime (seconds)                                            :            78011
% of allowed network load                                   :               56
% of allowed cpu load                                       :               82
# bytes of noise received                                   :         29729452
# bytes received from clients                               :             5792
# times outgoing msg sent (bandwidth ok)                    :            85155
# times outgoing msg dropped (bandwidth stressed)           :           455079
# times incoming msg accepted (cpu ok)                      :           119493
# times incoming msg dropped (cpu overloaded)               :              515
# sessionkeys received                                      :             1560
# valid sessionkeys received                                :             1499
# sessionkeys sent                                          :            10313
# connections shutdown                                      :            11710
# currently connected nodes                                 :               12
# bytes noise sent                                          :         23747376
# encrypted bytes sent                                      :        123444156
# bytes decrypted                                           :        168872856
# ping messages sent                                        :             2033
# ping messages received                                    :            14781
# pong messages sent                                        :            14781
# pong messages received                                    :              692
# bytes received via udp                                    :         47229976
# bytes sent via udp                                        :         36424016
# bytes received via tcp                                    :        127376304
# bytes sent via tcp                                        :         99480716
# HELO messages received from http server                   :                0
# HELO messages received overall                            :            95448
# valid HELO messages received                              :            93129
# HELO messages forwarded from other peers                  :           133824
# HELO messages originated                                  :             1644
# Bloomfilter (content_bloomfilter) hits                    :                0
# Bloomfilter (content_bloomfilter) misses                  :           300862
# Bloomfilter (content_bloomfilter) adds                    :                0
# Bloomfilter (content_bloomfilter) dels                    :                0
# Bloomfilter (keyword_bloomfilter) hits                    :            33178
# Bloomfilter (keyword_bloomfilter) misses                  :             9518
# Bloomfilter (keyword_bloomfilter) adds                    :             6305
# Bloomfilter (keyword_bloomfilter) dels                    :                0
# indexed files                                             :              139
# size of indexed files                                     :        747259353
# lookup (3HASH, search results)                            :               54
# lookup (CHK, inserted or migrated content)                :            33745
# lookup (ONDEMAND, indexed content)                        :            12206
# blocks AFS storage left (estimate)                        :          7892565
# kb downloaded by clients                                  :              316
# kb ok content in                                          :            40169
# kb dupe content in                                        :            25833
# kb orphan or pushed content in                            :            20786
# routing table full                                        :             9182
# routing table entry replaced                              :            16174
# routing table entry already in place                      :           496290
# p2p queries sent                                          :            64652
# p2p queries received                                      :           304107
# p2p CHK content received (kb)                             :            55457
# p2p search results received (kb)                          :             1265
# client queries received                                   :              175
# client CHK content inserted (kb)                          :                0
# client 3HASH search results inserted (kb)                 :                0
# client file index requests received                       :                0
# file index requests received                              :                0
# super query index requests received                       :                0
# client CHK content deleted (kb)                           :                0
# client 3HASH search results deleted (kb)                  :                0
# client file unindex requests received                     :                0
# file unindex requests received                            :                0
# super query unindex requests received                     :                0
# kb content pushed out as padding                          :            15936
# client trace requests received                            :                0
# client trace replies sent                                 :                0
# p2p trace requests received                               :               89
# p2p trace replies sent                                    :                3

--
Lance Simmons
Irving, Texas