help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Losing connections

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Losing connections
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 01:02:55 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Nathan Lutchansky wrote:

> After it has been running for a few days, the connection count drops to
> zero, and the logs contain only the "cannot encrypt sessionkey" messages.

There was a sequence of operations leading to a deadlock. The
problem has been fixed in the current CVS version. Everyone
adventurous enough should grab that, and the rest wait for
the next version. Also the file descriptor leak reported earlier
(sorry, I forgot by whom) has been corrected - among other
things.

I most sincerely hope that 0.5.1 will be the most usable
gnunet version since 0.4.7. Atleast at the moment it looks
like it could be, unless we manage to break something,
or new problems surface. ;)

Igor