help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] Unable to retrieve any document

From: Laurent Aries-Poinssot
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Unable to retrieve any document
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 10:59:46 +0200

1- I have not be able to retrieve any document: gnunet-gtk is stuck with 0% (or very rarely 4%).
I have a lot of "received useless crap xxxxx (2)!"  on my console
The documents I tried to download and witch are stuck 0% are in fact documents I inserted myself and are size 37 bytes abd 111 bytes).

2 - I think there is a somwhere a " help" not uptodated :
man gnunet-insert  mention a "-n" option but
gnunet-insert --help mention a "-i" option.
Maybe I have one of my gnunet files with an old version (I rebuilt recently gnunet with the CVS database). Is this the good place to mention such minor bugs, or there is another way to do bugs report ?

3- I confirm that gnunet-insert-mp3 is not able to get correct keywords with my mp3 (encoded with grip)

4- I have many "SKEY rejected from host xxxxx (81.65.32.177:2086 [my own IP address!]) key.len 23296"

5- I do not know what to do more, to help test gnunet, because of my un-ableity to perform any download successfully.

6- Even the key "test" is not abble to find any document except mine. So it is very difficult to play with gnunet.
Sometimes I find one foreign document under keyword "mp3" but :
- If I retry a second time the same search, this document is not found anymore (?)
- I have never be abble to download any of them (see above)

7-I left running my "gnunetd" demon for all the week, and I hope that it does not do any problem on your network, but help others. Is this mandatory to update every n days the demon from CVS or is it ok to keep it running during a long time ?

8-When I run "autogen.sh" I got "autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in"

9-I am already running a freenet node and my linux box, and I do not realize precisely the main reason for those two projects. (Sometimes I run also a gnutella but it eats too much resources to keep it running permanently)

10-Is there any tool to do statistics (how many document are currently hosted by my machine, how many client have got files on my machine, verify that the database is not corrupted, etc...)

--------

A lot of thanks to everybody working on free software, and specially to you, gnunet people : the purpose of this project is great, and I am sure that you will success. I you think that I can bring you some help...